Travel guide for Oceania
Facts about Oceania
- Oceania covers an area of 8,525,989 square kilometres (3,291,903 sq mi) and has a population of 40 million
- Oceania is the smallest continental grouping in land area and the second smallest in population after Antarctica
- The first settlers of Australia, New Guinea, and the large islands just to the east arrived between 50,000 and 30,000 years ago
- The rock art of Australian Aborigines is the longest continuously practiced artistic tradition in the world.
- Smallest country: Nauru 8 sq miles (21 sq km)